Monday, September 26, 2011

Multitasking - burning calories on a date!

Getting my boyfriend to workout is like taking a three year old to get a shot. 


In order for him not to deter me from my quest, and in addition to my workout club and my healthy meals, I have Googled my way around the web and found these fun dates into sneaking in burning some extra calories! 


Mini Golf - 225 Cal an hour (I also try and do some extra squats when picking up the balls, yes I am ridiculous)


Batting Cages - pending frequency and effort you can burn around 200 an hour..




Hiking to a picnic between 450 and 550 calories an hour (Each way!)


In between football games on Sunday's grab your man for some catch - 30min burns about 100 calories and at the end of the day sit down, relax, reach over and give him a quick 20min massage - theres an extra 100 burned just before bed!


OK - so lets be clear, I am not saying play four rounds of mini-golf and you will meet your cardio for the day, but - these do make me feel a bit less guilty if i skip that morning weekend run. 



No comments:

Post a Comment