Monday, September 19, 2011

Mini Bison Bites

I love burgers, love love love a good burger. The only thing I think I like more are sliders (and sex.) Giving up a delicious #2 from In&Out was super hard - even protein style. So I had to take matters into my own hands. 


Bison Bites
Serves 2
Time: 25


Ingredients:
2tsp olive oil
1lb ground Bison meat (I buy it in a package from Safeway, but I know the fancy places have it in the deli section)
1/2 Chopped Yellow onion
1 tbs Worchestire
Yellow mustard
Romaine Lettuce leaves whole (or your preferred lettuce for a wrap)


Optional burger fixings:
Tomatoes
Pickle
Tofu Cheese


For him:
Slider buns (Kings Hawaiian rolls work, Sara Lee and Trader Joe's make slider buns)
Cheese (optional - I used the mini Brie)


Directions:
Pre-heat oven to 425. Take the bison meat into a bowl, add chopped onion and worchestire sauce. Mix well and divide meat into 6 equal "meat balls", place into glass bake ware - with olive oil in bottom. "Smash" balls into patties and place in oven - check after 15min and turn over for 5. Leave in for 5 more if you preferred your meat well done.


When the patties are ready - wrap yours in lettuce with your fixings and put your man's on the slider bun! 
I usually eat about 2 patties to meet my meal requirement, and my boyfriend will generally take out the rest - sometimes leaving me one for lunch the next day!

1 comment:

  1. Never tried bison before, but it looks good and healthy, I suppose being leaner than regular beef. I should try one soon...

    ReplyDelete