Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Hearty Veggie Soup

This soup is so good! and I usually don't have to add anything to it for my man to enjoy it also. Depending on how hungry we actually are, sometimes I will boil some chicken or add turkey meat. (I always have chicken cooked and ready to go, just in case I am not up to cooking.)

Hearty Veggie Soup
Servings  4
Cook time: 20min

Ingredients:
2tsp olive oil
Yellow onion - chopped
1 clove of garlic - minced
12oz broccoli
12oz cauliflower
2 carrots – chopped
8oz spinach
16oz can of stewed tomatoes (sugar and salt free)
8oz can of tomato sauce (sugar and salt free)
16oz water – for POT
2 ½ c water – for PAN
Spices to taste!


Directions:
In a sauce pan, with olive oil, cook the onions and garlic in olive oil in a medium pan, add the broccoli, cauliflower and carrots and 2 1/2c water – cover for 10min until cooked.
In large pot over medium, add stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, spinach and water. When veggies are cooked add and simmer – if you want a thicker soup cook longer!

1 comment:

  1. this sounds good and healthy...I have to watch my cholesterol and this looks like a great way to start. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete