Monday, October 17, 2011

Sundays - no day of rest.

Well, according to my boyfriend and I am sure most men in America, Sunday's are for football. I don't mind that one bit because that means for me... Sundays are for the girls and getting ready for the week!


We had our last wedding to attend of the year over the weekend, when we got back yesterday we both felt "ugh." I have to admit, I have not been practicing all that I preach with my workouts and portions - and well he never really did, but we decided to take the plunge (again) together. That will make cooking EASY this week :) 


I went to the store and shopped like I was shopping for just my self, which was nice, and then also getting him a few "goodies"


My List:
Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breasts - about 2.5 lbs (that will be around 10 4oz servings, 5 of those being my lunch)
White Fish - 1lb, 4 servings
Frozen Spinach to heat for meals and add to my eggs in the morning
Two dozen eggs - which Ill prlly have to go back and get more!
Frozen squash to add to meals so he doesn't know hes eating it
Almonds
Sweet Potatoes
Microwaveable Broccoli steamer bags
Avocados
Fresh Lemon
Ground Bison


For him:
Baby Carrots

Hummus




First, I froze half the fish and two chicken breasts - leaving one part of fish in the fridge for Tuesday and prepping and baking the rest of the chicken. I split the chicken into two baking dishes - one spicy with cayenne pepper and one just peppered with chopped sweet bell peppers. 







For the sweet potatoes, I cleaned them up and divided them into 5 separate servings (one for each lunch for me) - wrapped them in foil and baked for an hour on 375. 







Now that the chicken and the sweet potatoes are done, lunch is also. I will pre-pack the chicken and potatoes into Tupperware and grab a bag of broccoli when I am on my way out the door. I usually keep three of the meals in the fridge and the last two in the freezer and take them out the night before. :)


Rough Dinner Menu This week:
Monday - 1 Breast of the "spicy" chicken on top of a salad with avocado, lemon, onions and balsamic vinegar - maybe I'll whip up some Veggie soup too!


Tuesday - White Fish with steamed veggies/spinach


Wednesday - Thaw frozen chicken, stuffed with tofu-ricotta (see lasagna post) and homemade red sauce, steamed veggies/spinach


Thursday - Bison Burgers 


Friday - peppered chicken breasts with salad for me, pasta and red sauce for him










No comments:

Post a Comment